I love food. Plain and simple. I love to eat, cook, read and watch anything food related. When I travel, I’m the guy who just points to the menu and orders the thing that no one knows what it is. I’m kinda like Mikey in the Life cereal advertisement. I’ll eat it and I generally like it too.
Here are a couple food related posts of mine that might inspire you:[catlist=4]
Funny facts about me and food:
- I do not like liver, water chestnuts and sweet potatoes.
- Two foods I struggle to cook: Rice and Hard-Boiled Eggs.
- Good Eats/Alton Brown are my favorite food show and personality.
- For college credit, I gave a speech on cooking ramen in your dorm room. I received free samples from two different companies and an A.
- I once mistook fried chicken livers as chicken nuggets. I was traumatized.
- The first cake I ever baked was a jellyroll via the Alpha-Bakery Children’s Cookbook at the age of 10.
- My father pit-smoked a baloney for me – and I liked it.
- Chinese Dim Sum is probably my favorite single cuisine/meal.
Some other chefs and books that have inspired me everyday in the kitchen